The UHM Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) supports the improvement, development and enhancement of university teaching through: the development of teaching effectiveness through orientations, instructional development activities, evaluation of teaching performance, and individual consultation on teaching practice and mentoring.
Zoom Tips & Tricks Series
(2 Events - Sept 29th & Oct 1st. See details below)
Elisabeth Steele Hutchison, William S. Richardson School of Law
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
EVENT I - ZOOM LIKE A PROFESSIONAL (REPEAT FROM SEPT 10)
The appearance of your virtual classroom has a huge impact on your student's learning experience. Apply lessons from TV producers, YouTubers, and online gamers to set up and teach from your own home Zoom studio.
- Inexpensive and DIY ways to communicate competence and confidence via Zoom
- Adding a knowledge of camera angles, three-point lighting, and video settings to your teaching toolkit
- Making a document camera using a smartphone and three soup cans
- Adding subtitles/captions to your PPT lectures in real time
- All this and more!
Thursday, October 1, 2020
EVENT II - LEVEL UP (AGAIN)
Take your Zoom classroom to the next level with additional tips and tricks.
We'll discuss how to:
- Make your video settings work for you
- Add a second camera angle to your teaching tool kit
- Use your smartphone or DSLR camera to produce higher quality video
- Explore options for improving your audio quality
- Make more frequent, virtual eye-contact
- Stage your Zoom set with cinematic flair!